CDXC DXpedition Radios for Loan
CDXC now has three portable rigs that can be borrowed by members and others. They have been partially sponsored by CDXC; see list of other sponsors below.
Each rig comprises:
- Yaesu FT-450AT transceiver
- MyDel MP 8230 switching mode power supply
- Vibroplex Standard iambic paddle key
- Heil ProSet 4 headset and mike
- Heil HS-footswitch
- Documentation pack including detailed contents
- Waterproof Peli 1550 case
The kit weighs 13.0 Kg. External dimensions of the case in centimeters are 52 x 43 x 21.
There is a further rig located in Kuala Lumpur, West Malaysia. This rig has a Yaesu FT-900 transceiver and has been used several times to activate the Malaysian IOTAs.
Conditions of Loan
1. The borrower is to return the rig in the same condition as that in which it is received (subject to fair wear and tear). It is to be returned promptly after use.
2. The borrower is to pay for carriage both outwards and on return.
3. The borrower is to insure the rig for £1,200 whilst it is in his or her possession.
4. Borrowers should follow the IARU operating procedures. These can be downloaded from the CDXC web site. (A copy is enclosed with each rig.)
5. The borrower agrees to process all QSL cards promptly, including replying to all QSLs requested via the Bureau. The CDXC logo should be shown on QSL cards, on web sites, in articles and in presentation materials.
6. Before taking the rig out of the UK, the borrower should be familiar with all appropriate import, export and customs regulations and follow them. We can supply copies of invoices.
7. The borrower should ensure that the rig is safely secured at times when it is not in use.
To borrow a rig please contact Neville G3NUG, email@example.com
We are grateful to the following for sponsoring these rigs: