CDXC is probably one of the ten largest contributors to DXpeditions world-wide.
Criteria for Support
- The DXpedition should have a good chance of working a significant number of stations in the British Isles (say 100+ different stations). This is evaluated by considering the following:
The country being activated must be well up the wanted lists, say in the top quartile.
The team should comprise at least four operators of whom some are well known.
The QSO target should be significant, perhaps in excess of 15,000.
The application for funds should normally be made in advance of the DXpedition. However, the Committee may offer a donation to groups which have not applied in order to secure valuable visibility for the Club.
Special consideration is given to applications from Club members and groups with a predominance of less-experienced or younger operators. In such cases some of the above guidelines may be relaxed.
- The general organisation of the DXpedition
- The stated plans to work Europe
- The equipment to be used, specifically linears and beam antennas.
Support of IOTA Expeditions
CDXC makes an annual donation to the Island Radio Expedition Foundation (IREF) which specifically supports IOTA expeditions. However we will also consider sponsoring some high-profile IOTA DXpeditions directly.
The DXpedition should agree to:
- Print the CDXC logo on their QSL card.
- Process expeditiously cards sent through the normal IARU bureaux.
- Provide a write-up in English of the DXpedition for publication in the Digest.
- Publicise our involvement in all articles and presentations about the DXpedition.
For an insight into what's involved in organising a major DXpedition we recommend a book called "DXpeditioning - Behind the Scenes", written by members of the CDXC 9M0C Spratly team. It is not a story of the DXpedition but draws heavily on the experiences at 9M0C and on many other DXpeditions.
In making donations to expedition groups, we work closely with both the RSGB HF DXpedition Fund and the Scottish GMDX Group.
To apply to CDXC's support, please use our online application form